The Law Office of Michael J. Joshi
Legal Representation For Clients In Missouri And Kansas
913-428-0199 KS 800-566-7492 MO

Posts tagged "Social Security Disability"

Vision loss may qualify you for Social Security Disability

When you were working, you were often around harsh and caustic chemicals. You were always cautious, but that didn't prevent your injuries from taking place. As you put away some of the cleaning supplies you were using, the shelving unit collapsed.

Will a heart condition qualify for Social Security Disability?

If you have found out that you have heart disease, it can be a devastating moment in your life. Perhaps you were having difficulty breathing or felt pain in your chest. Maybe you had a heart attack and found out about the disease after the fact.

New rule threatens to hinder access to Social Security disability

Social Security disability insurance (SSDI) benefits are important for people who are hurt and who cannot work. Those who seek SSDI typically have put in time at their jobs and receive disability based on their work history.

Did Social Security change in 2020?

Every year, the Social Security Administration (SSA) releases information about changes to the Social Security program. One of those changes that you may be interested in learning more about is how much you'll be able to receive in Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits.

What are the 4 levels of appeals for disability applications?

You applied for Social Security Disability (SSD), and you thought you'd done everything you could to make it clear that you have a serious disability. You've struggled with your finances, learned to live with less and are just looking to get the financial security you deserve back.

Get help if your disability benefits are denied

If you want to obtain Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits, you will need to fill out an application and wait for an approval. If you receive a letter of denial, you might be surprised and frustrated. The letter will have information on why your request is being denied, which can be helpful when making an appeal.

What is reconsideration?

The Social Security Administration rejects a large percentage of the initial claims for Social Security Disability benefits in Kansas City. If you receive a rejection, however, you do not need to accept it as final. You have the right to appeal the SSA's decision. There are several appeal levels you might need to go through before your claim is successful. The first of these levels is the reconsideration. 

What are hidden disabilities?

When you hear the word "disability" you probably think of someone with an obvious medical issue that requires assistance for daily chores and tasks. However, disabilities are not always so cut and dry. Many people suffer from serious disabilities that aren't immediately evident to others. The Mighty explains these hidden disabilities, along with providing tips on how to be a good ally to a person with a less obvious, but still serious, medical issue. 

Contact The Law Office of Michael J. Joshi

Lenexa Office
Commerce Bank Building
8700 Monrovia, Suite 208
Lenexa, KS 66215

Toll Free: 800-566-7492
Phone: 913-428-0199
Map & Directions

Kansas City Office
By Appointment Only
Cosby Building
107 W. 9th St, 2nd Floor
Kansas City, MO 64105

Toll Free: 800-566-7492
Map & Directions