Real Answers.
Honest Opinions.
Aggressive Representation.

Understanding Retaliatory Discharge In The Workplace

Most employment in Kansas and Missouri is “at will.” This means you work at your will and at the will of your employer. However, there are certain actions an employer cannot take. Of these prohibited actions, an employer cannot terminate an employee for filing a workers’ compensation claim or for complaining about discrimination in the workplace. If you have been retaliated against for either, you have legal options.

At my law firm, The Law Office of Michael J. Joshi, I can help if you have been retaliated against for filing a workers’ compensation claim. I am Michael. J. Joshi, and I provide my clients experienced legal advocacy for retaliatory discharge claims. Call me at 913-428-0199 to schedule your free initial consultation. You can also e-mail me and I will be in touch with you promptly.

Were You Fired For Filing A Workers’ Compensation Claim?

I represent Kansas and Missouri employees from various occupations who have sustained work-related injuries. I provide comprehensive representation throughout the process of seeking and obtaining workers’ compensation benefits. Laws are changing, and many of these changes present obstacles to injured workers. With The Law Office of Michael J. Joshi on your side, you can feel confident seeking these benefits and facing those obstacles.

In addition to problems you may encounter while seeking benefits, you can face problems at the hands of your employer. If you were fired from your job for being injured at work and filing a workers’ compensation claim, you have legal options. You may be entitled to compensation for lost wages and other financial losses. I am Michael. J. Joshi, an experienced workers’ compensation lawyer, and I understand that employers cannot fire employees for seeking workers’ compensation benefits.

Were You Fired For Complaining About Discrimination?

Did you make a complaint about discrimination in the workplace? You cannot be retaliated against for complaining about age, race, sex, religious or other types of discrimination. Claims for retaliatory discharge based upon complaining about discrimination should be brought within six months.

If you have suffered from a retaliatory discharge at work, contact The Law Office of Michael J. Joshi for assistance with understanding your rights and legal options. Call 913-428-0199 or e-mail me, attorney Michael. J. Joshi, for your free initial consultation.